Do You Love Food?
I love Food. It has become a huge part of my life
It has become part of what I desire to be in my future.
As I have matured my relationship with food has grown. The relationship is much healthier than my High School years. I thought less was more to run my fastest. With the caring voice of a beloved friend, whom I love with all my heart, I was given a wake up call & my ways will forever be changed.
By the Grace of God I can enjoy food for what it is & what it does for my body.
Food is given to us for strength, it is pure & the Lord has provided it for us to live & live for Him!
This is why I chose to have a balanced lifestyle. Not a diet. I love to cook a certain way & eat foods that honor my body. It is a temple.
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own.
1 Corinthians 6:19
Here is a quick piece of poetry. It may seem odd, but food is a big part of our lives. May this piece touch someone as I have put much thought into it.
Goodness is sought after
Purity is probable
A Temporary restraint
A daily essential
Pleasure is found
Some from one seed
Any simple request
Sent for strength
Not for gluttony
Let uniqueness spark
Time has told
Evolved and transformed
True beauty can withstand
Pure and Bold
Unique and from the Holy Land
Aljo Fudgy Brownies
(Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 3 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 12 squares of melted endangered species 85% chocolate
- 1 cup of of sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- tsp of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of coffee infused balsamic/ or regular balsamic
- Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Start by combining the dates, flour, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon & sesame seeds in a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Now melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals for 1-1/2 min. Stir between intervals.
- Add in chocolate, milk, vanilla extract, balsamic & olive oil. Pulse until combined.
- Spread batter in a small square baking dish. If desired sprinkle the top with salt, I RECOMMEND IT Bake at 350 for 30 min. This makes 8-12 brownies.
These are rich, dark and delicious brownies.
Please come to the dark side, dark chocolate that is. Join if you dare.
A day without chocolate? This does not exist in my world.
Until Next Time.