Lets be real, life has thrown some darts.
Girls are mean.
My body isn’t responding to training like the past.
French is not getting any easier.
My bike was stolen.
Running is a battle.
My grandmother passed away.
I’m worried about my family.
I haven’t had a break-through in running in a long time.
I want a man.
Obviously I could go on, but I will not. The Faithfulness God has shown through each hardship – Always overpowers the hardships. God blesses me no matter what.
This weekend was a hard weekend for us as a team at the
Big 12 Cross Country Championships.
I felt more than blessed to have my 2 favorite Running “Mentors” there + my aunt, uncle & 3 cousins from my Father’s side… My Father’s Father, my Mother’s Parents… 2 of my past high school teammates… & Obviously my Amazing Parents.
Let me not forget some of my closest friends from OU, OSU, West Virginia & Texas.
God is good.
This weekend brought us Closer as a team. No matter what I know we have one-another’s back.
Today something snapped.
I felt closer to me again.
I have had glimpses of the Old me this season – but because my body has not been adapting to training (since my bike accident) – I’ve not been reacting the same.
God put together a wonderful long run today.
I will not deny Satan tried to take away my joy & did his best to give me anxiety. I chose to bask in God’s glory & face my fears, hurt a little more, Trust The Process & run for Him.
Squash & Salmon Autumn Soup
You will need:
- 1 bowl ordered from Panera of Autumn Squash Soup
- 3 tbsp quinoa/rice Rosemary mix
- 1/2 cooked Kabocha squash (300grams)
- 6 chopped portabello mushrooms
- Water for added liquid
- 3 oz cooked cubed salmon
- 5 chestnuts (un-shelled)
- feta cheese
- cayenne pepper
- If you cannot find the quinoa/rice blend just add rosemary
- Bring the Soup to a bowl with 1/3 cup of water added to it.
- Add in the quinoa/rice, chopped mushrooms, chestnuts & spices – bring down to a simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Sautee salmon on separate stove top without seasoning for 3-6 minutes until almost fully cooked.
- Add salmon & pre-cooked kabocha squash into soup when the rice/quinoa is done.
- Top with feta after placing in bowl, have some good toast with the dish & enjoy!
P.S. Please try this meal, its so absolutely amazing! & secondly, YES I was watching Carrie Diaries.